Il 27/02/2014 15:39, Marcel Apfelbaum ha scritto:

> Each of them highlights one of the two aspects that, in my opinion, make
> QOM interesting (respectively, unification of interfaces and the
> containment tree).
I was planning to tackle the replacement of the machine from a container
to an actual object too, however this patch conflicts with my
series because I already have a QOM Machine object created *always*
and this patch adds another object *sometimes*.

Is this patch's functionality in use yet? Any idea how to merge those ideas?

pseries simply wants to make /machine implement the FWPathProvider interface. As long as you have a way for boards to specify a TypeInfo for /machine, this patch will not get in the way.

Paolo