On 20/01/2022 16.13, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 16:12, Peter Maydell <peter.mayd...@linaro.org> wrote:

"make check-acceptance" takes way way too long. I just did a run
on an arm-and-aarch64-targets-only debug build and it took over
half an hour, and this despite it skipping or cancelling 26 out
of 58 tests!

I think that ~10 minutes runtime is reasonable. 30 is not;
ideally no individual test would take more than a minute or so.

Output saying where the time went. The first two tests take
more than 10 minutes *each*. I think a good start would be to find
a way of testing what they're testing that is less heavyweight.

Does anybody have some time to look at this? It makes
'check-acceptance' almost unusable for testing fixes locally...

We could start using the "SPEED" environment variable there, too, just like we already do it in the qtests, so that slow tests only get executed with SPEED=slow or SPEED=thorough ...?

 Thomas