On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 10:15:24AM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> 26.07.2023 09:41, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>
> > Looks like scripts/make-release.sh needs some updating.

FWIW, i see the same problem as you:

$ ./configure  --target-list=x86_64-softmmu --disable-download
Using './build' as the directory for build output

ERROR: missing subprojects

This is not a GIT checkout but subproject content appears to
be missing. Do not use 'git archive' or GitHub download links
to acquire QEMU source archives. Non-GIT builds are only
supported with source archives linked from:

  https://www.qemu.org/download/#source

Developers working with GIT can use scripts/archive-source.sh
if they need to create valid source archives.

> make-release.sh apparently does the right thing. But the published
> tarball does not include the 3 required sub-projects anyway.
>
> Is it about how the release is made?  What is used to make the
> actual release tarball, is it not make-release.sh?

make-release is what I expect to be used for making release
tarballs.

With regards,
Daniel