26.07.2023 11:50, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
..
make-release.sh apparently does the right thing. But the published
tarball does not include the 3 required sub-projects anyway.

Is it about how the release is made?  What is used to make the
actual release tarball, is it not make-release.sh?

make-release is what I expect to be used for making release
tarballs.

When I run ./scripts/make-release 8.1.0-rc1 , the resulting tarball
includes the necessary submodules in subprojects/.

It is more: it includes 2 copies of berkeley-softfloat & berkeley-testfloat,
one in subprojects/ and one in roms/edk2/ArmPkg/Library/ArmSoftFloatLib/ .

But the tarballs published on qemu.org does not include these.

So I conclude the tarballs were not created using make-release.sh.

/mjt