Rhea,

 *

    - Proposition would be a feature that allows users to limit Python
    console functionality based on their needs.

If you have in mind to limit the set of functionality available in the Python console, that's not technically doable, at least with the CPython interpreter. All you can do is to not provide any access at all to the Python console. Python isn't a "safe" language, that is a sufficiently willing user can do arbitrary things, including crashing itself with just core functionality:

$ python -c "exec(type((lambda: 0).__code__)(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, b'\x053', (), (), (), '', '', 0, b''))"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

cf https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42544487/how-can-i-cause-python-3-5-to-crash

People have tried sandboxing Python many times, but under careful examinations, all attempts fail at some point.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com