William Kyngesburye wrote:
I'd be happy with Tom's proof-of-concept fix - I think the main need for access to external drives is to add raster and vector layers.

Since Qt is saving the volume list in com.trolltech.plist and then retrieving the list for subsequent dialogs, the proof-of-concept is actually closer to a complete solution since Open Project or Add Layer are likely to be used before any other file dialog.

When I wrote the code, I though the items would be added only to the active file dialog. The documentation doesn't mention persistence.

I will add the code bracketed by QT_VERSION < 0x040500 so it doesn't interfere with future Qt releases and can easily be found later.

Tom