This rings a bell. I used to have similar hassles with Adindan projections vs. WGS84. It works fine now, but I can't remember how and when I got this behaviour fixed.

Brett Adams claviota:
Enabling "On-the-fly projection" does make a small difference but the offset should be approx 195-200m. I get 12m.