Hi,

You can remove C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\python\plugins\plugin_installer
(or make unreadable for particular user group)

Best regards,
Karlis

Richard Males wrote:
..

I don't know if it goes totally against the philosophy of QGIS, but
maybe there could be a feature to allow an admin option within QGIS to
require password protection before being able to fetch plugins or
activate plugins.  I expect that it could be defeated, but might help
to allay some concerns.  Under this scenario, a QGIS administrator who
could get at a QGIS "security options" screen where various features
such as downloading plugins could be enabled/disabled for a particular
user installation.
..