From:   Tim Sutton <t...@linfiniti.com>
To:     Gary Sherman <gsher...@geoapt.com>
Cc:     qgis-...@lists.osgeo.org, qgis-developer List
<qgis-develo...@lists.osgeo.org>, qgis-user <qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org>
Date:   03/04/2012 22:26
Subject:        Re: [Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-user] Closure of forum
Sent by:        qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org

Hi

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Gary Sherman <gsher...@geoapt.com> wrote:
> I received this from a forum user:
>
> "I have seen that this forum is closing and I'm wondering where
conversations unrelated to questions and answers will go to now? i.e.
experiences in using QGIS, directions for development, resources being
developed to support QGIS, training events, etc. "

Don't the mailing lists cover all that? I know email is old school but
it works and at least we are not making people use usenet...

There is also stackexchange...

Regards

Tim

> Your thoughts are appreciated.
>
> -gary
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Gary Sherman
> GeoApt LLC
>  http://geoapt.com
> Founder, Quantum GIS
> Chair, QGIS PSC
> Book:
>  http://geospatialdesktop.com
> "We work virtually everywhere"
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without
limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation.