On 09/22/2012 10:27 AM, Andre Joost wrote:
Am 22.09.2012 09:17, schrieb Johan Nilsson:

There is another thing with 'Personal geodatabase' and that is that ESRI
don't recommend to use it in their documentation because it slow and get
really slow if they are bigger and the absolute size are limited.

Yes, that's true. Spatial index will not be possible on MDBs (as well as on spataialite). But MS Access is widely spread, so a connection would be highly appreciated. And MDBs are easily portable (again, as well as spatialite). Thats a great advantage to Postgis.

I'm not sure I understood your comment, but spatial indexing is definitely supported in Spatialite using the R*Tree structure.
Best regards,

--
Micha

Greetings,
Andre Joost

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
GIS Consultant, Arava Development Co.