I can report that I do not see the same thing reported
below.  I use QGIS 3.2.0 on Win7 with a pretty good graphics
card and I don't have any problems at all.  I'm thinking it
has perhaps froze up a couple times since the install in late
June 2018, but I don't recall the last time that happened.

I just opened a project with 266,000 point features, and it
takes 18 seconds to open the attribute table, but works
flawlessly.

I am using Intel Zeon CPU E5-1630 v4 @ 3.70GHz - 16GB Ram.

I have never tried QGIS 3.4.1.

Mike