gwicks wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dilwyn Jones" To: "QL Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:42 AM Subject: [ql-users] email attachments

OK, I know I'm asking for it with Lookout Excess, but anyone know why the attachment indicator paperclip shows on emails with no attachment. I go into properties and it says no attachment.

I generally delete such emails without reading them, so may well have deleted some QLers emails needlessly.

I have also been getting these occasionally. They are always spam and I assume it is one of the spammers new tricks.

Thus I don't think you have deleted QL related emails accidentally. Occasionally I do do that or even structurally block a genuine QL emailer, but I always do a double check by looking in my delete box.

It is a good practice when emailing another QL-er privately to always include a keyword such as "QL" or "Quanta" in the subject title.

Best Wishes,
Geoff

I also get these, as they usually have an empty subject line I tried to block them via OE's filters by rejecting an empty string in the subject line, wouldn't work though, same thing in Thunderbird you can mark them as junk but it wont work with the next one to arrive, it a dodgy strategy anyway as sometimes genuine sender forget to fill the subject line.

All the best - Bill