With junk mail and email I take the attitude that if they have to reach
out to me in this way, their product is obviously such a lot of crap
that nobody in their right mind would buy it of their own free will.
Even worse are junk phone calls.
I am sure you are pestered by these, including recorded voices
announcing me as a 'winner'.

Tony
I did get one which announced me as winner - prize dinner with Tony Firshman after a Quanta Workshop. Sadly, that was a joke by another QLer!

I'm registered with Telephone Preference Service so don't get many at home, but we do get them quite a lot at work. The most annoying part is the silence at the start of a call while the computer generating the call desperately tries to find a free call centre operative who barely speaks English or plays the recorded voice. Always amazes me that these companies think you'll buy from them if you don't even understand the caller speaking!!!!

Stuff them, put them on hold to run up their bills, their computer flags it as a long call, so "successful" so they keep trying you and you do the same to them over and over again to waste their time and money, with them on hold there's plenty of lines to allow other calls to continue being received. Alternatively, just route them direct to my boss's mobile to annoy him and run up their costs even more ;-))