On  Mon, 7 Feb 2005 at 15:44:49,  wrote:
(ref:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>If even the "experts" couldn't agree on the wiring of an Aurora port
>and cable, I see it as a pointless time wasting exercice even trying.

They are std PC style ports and if a ribbon cable (10 way DIL IDC one
end and 9D IDC plug the other) is plugged onto Aurora the right way
round (easy to do wrongly on Qubbesoft boards), then an off the shelf
laplink cable can be used.

If this doesn't work then either the hardware is faulty - Aurora
motherboard or PC,  or there is a software issue.

This  hardware 'wiring' is as described by Nasta, and this is confirmed
by looking at the Aurora manual.  I have never actually done the link
using SER1 or SER2 myself, so I am relying  on what Nasta (and his
manual) say. I -know- Nasta is right.

The fact that Phoebus is using his link successfully with such a
'wiring' confirms this (8-)#

What are the wiring disagreements?
I am genuinely puzzled.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk