In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Derek Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Hi Roy,

All that is required is a standard Null Modem Lead, they work perfectly.

Laplink cables do not work as you have stated. In fact all that is required is 5 lines.

I was going to build a little box that could connect up 4 Sernet computers, but never got around to it. Might make and bring it to the next show.
This is exactly what we went through at the show. Tony should recall this because he kept saying that laplink cables would work when they did not. I think the serial connection cables from Lindy Electronics were also laplink ones but called something different.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB