> I find that with QPC v3.11 that the keys CTRL/ALT with up, down, right, left
> produce $D3, $DB, $CB, $C3. But perhaps that is just my peivate Keyboard
> Table.
>
> George
Which is correct, and this is what it does on my PC at home. I know QPC2 works
OK in this respect as long as Windoze lets it get the keypresses. Something is
happening in Windows which stops QPC2 detecting these keypresses.

Geoff's suggestion of using ALTKEYs to work around it works fine. I used the 2,
4, 6 and 8 keys on the numeric keypad as they have arrows on them, so I defined
4 keys as follows and just have to remember to make sure num lock statys on:

ALTKEY '2',CHR$(219): REM CTRL ALT down
ALTKEY '4',CHR$(195): REM CTRL ALT left
ALTKEY '6',CHR$(203): REM CTRL ALT right
ALTKEY '8',CHR$(211): REM CTRL ALT up

If I press either CTRL ALT left or just ALT left both return the same keycode
on the numeric keypad, but different codes on the main keyboard (i.e. using the
normal number keys above the letters). So obviously the two number keys are
being detected as different keys and interpreted differently somewhere down the
line so that in normal use they both emerge from QPC2 as number keys but not
handled quite the same in combination with CTRL and ALT.