Re Norman's -

We could have an irregular 'off topic' column in which articles of
interest could be published - even if not related to the QL. Or would
that be unacceptable ?

Here, in Wales we encourage the use of "QL Chat List" for  "OFF TOPIC
TOPICS".

But, before we leave the humour bit - about 'ewes', that is.

I am reminded of the Liverpool Schools Inspector who told me that one day in
a class room he requested "Would Hughes please stand up" - and, you've
guessed it! - the whole class got on their feet.

Have fun... on OR off(TOPIC)

John in Wales