[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> It sounds very promising! It must also be a major achievement as, IIUC,
> Turbo gains some of its speed advantage by not mimicking certain SuperBasic
> interpreter structures. Are these structures now being emulated by Turbo?
> And without a significant speed penalty?

I think that passing fp numbers and possibly integers by reference instead of
by value to machine code routines can actually increase the speed of the
compiled task. This will certainly be true where long strings are passed by
reference.

In other cases I think the speed loss will be pretty small.

George