In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeremy Taffel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
I don't know why you have to take such an aggressive stance. Why do you have problems? I was not complaining about the cost, nor requesting a price reduction, merely offering the constructive suggestion that if the market appears to have reached saturation, a new market might open up if the price is reduced. I seem to have sparked off quite a lively debate, so it was a worthwhile exercise, but it turns out that my suggestion had been tried already without, apparently much success. I wasn't complaining that I missed the promotion, merely curious to discover where I should look for such offerings. It must be admitted that although I visit Marcel's site quite often, I don't visit Jochen's, and no I don't subscribe to QL Today, but that is hardly a crime is it?
I was not being aggressive I was just pointing out the way it seems to the people who put a lot of time and effort into keeping the QL scene going. The very fact that people are on this list shows they have an interest but so few of them contribute in an other way.

I suppose after a couple of weeks of sitting at the computer writing two articles for the current edition of QL Today, checking and preparing the new EASYPTR release with Marcel, setting how much sweat and effort Jochen puts into getting the magazine out on time, seeing how much Marcel puts into QPC2, QPCPrint and the EASYPTR update and getting a QL show ready I was just peeved that people seemed to think all this was not really worth a few pounds or any real support from them. Maybe you were, somewhat unjustly, on the receiving end of that.
<SNIP>
And now for another suggestion....

The QPC2 demo on Marcel's site hardly shows the system off to its best potential.. The presentation of the screen that results from the boot file on the .win file that is included for download is awful, and could have been from qdos. There really isn't anything to help the uninitiated to know whatto do with it, and it does not seem to have changed since I first looked at QPC1. This surely is not the way to showcase the system. The justwords demo does that much better, as do the screenshots from QDT that I've seen. How about a demo that properly showcases the programme?

(expecting another flame from Roy telling me how much work I'm asking someone to do for free ;-) )
No you won't get it just a suggestion that you do one and then give it to us to put on the site (tee hee). Of course you won't be able to save it in the demo but you could write the boot file using QLAY and then test it on the demo. - or even get SMSQ/E for your Gold card !
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB