On Thu, 19 May 2005 15:57:48 -0400, Malcolm Cadman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Robert Newson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

I also bought them when it was offered (having never really bought any s/ware, it really expanded my collection). From the "agreement":

(10) Remember, by purchasing this collection you have agreed to its licence conditions. Note that it is for your personal use only (you can make a reasonable number of security backups of it or its contents - again, all for your own use only), and that you agree not to resell, or otherwise pass on, whether for reward or otherwise, any part (except and UNZIP) or all of it, or of any Digital Precision Ltd software already possessed by you, to _any_ third party, in any circumstances. Breaches of this will be dealt with severely. This means, among other things, that if you are disposing of part or all of your QL system you may NOT pass on this collection (or any part of it, except ZIP and UNZIP) with it.

Umm ... interesting licence condition ..."Breaches of this will be dealt with severely" ... yet by whom exactly ?

As DP has gone, the MD and software authors have all had their money ...

Actually I don't think that this clause is enforceable in the UK or elsewhere even for software (which is always in murky waters when it comes to licencing etc.)
I believe the reason for it being there was to avoid people unbundling the collection and selling pieces at a profit. Even so the fact that you cannot resell the software I am pretty sure is illegal. It's essentially like buying a car under the condition that you will never sell it :-) (Even if you broke your legs and couldn't drive anymore)

Ffibys

  • ... Darren Branagh
  • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... John Hall
  • ... Darren Branagh
    • ... Derek Stewart
      • ... John Hall
        • ... Robert Newson
          • ... Jeremy Taffel
            • ... John Hall
          • ... Malcolm Cadman
            • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος (Phoebus R. Dokos)
              • ... Malcolm Cadman
        • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... gwicks
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
      • ... Duncan Neithercut
    • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
  • ... Darren Branagh
  • ... Stuart Jones
    • ... Rich Mellor
    • ... Malcolm Cadman