In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, gwicks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>The status of the GD2 Quill version is a little obscure. As far as I know it
>is currently only available in the Quanta library and I don't know if the
>author is willing to have a wider distribution as it is still a beta
>version. One difficulty in checking this out is that I only have snailmail
>contact details.
>
>In general there is some confusion about the precise status of the Psion
>software and what can be distributed and what not. No one seemed to know the
>answer to this when I asked at QL is 21. However, there is a long history of
>tweaking Quill for various reasons so I assume there are no major problems.
>
>I was not sure whether you were offering to do a review, which is best done
>by a Quanta member. It will be easy to let you have a review copy. Otherwise
>you should be able to get it from John Gregory,

I was just hoping for a download, rather than sending for a disk, as it
is more convenient.

Regrettably I won't have the time to review it ... particularly with the
tight schedule that you outlined.

Although, bringing Quill in to the 21st century with QDOS / SMSQ is
appropriate, as the recent Quanta survey showed that many members were
still using Quill.

So, possibly a way to tempt some of those users in to upgrading their
systems overall.

--
Malcolm Cadman