Jeremy Taffel wrote:
> I have a 14 inch Phillips colour TV with RGB input that used to be used
> with my QL. The TV tuner has died, but it should work fine as a monitor.
> Free to anyone who can be bothered to come to Watford to colllect it.

That evokes some memories - in 1984 I bought one at the same time and in
the same shop as I bought my QL.  Despite being a department store they
allowed me to test out the connection with a few strands of wire to
ensure the combination worked before I bought them.

One of my first programming tasks was to reconfigure the QL con_
channels to fit on screen, as the Phillips didn't display the full width
of the QL's screen.

The only other problem I had was that there appeared to be some voltage
potentials present on the TV's input which perhaps eventually (after a
few years) damaged the QL's output circuitry necessitating its repair.

--
Regards,

Stephen