From: "Malcolm Cadman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Sedit 2.26

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ralf Reköndt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Hi Malcolm,
>
>it is not so trivial, as S_Edit is not a pointer program, so it does not
>have any "managed" windows (in pointer environment terms), even if it is
>MOVEable via CTRL-F4. The menu extensions has to be called in a managed
>window, so I have to set up a new window, where they are diplayed. Maybe I
>will do that as a separate job (I want to try inter-job communication,
>works
>so perfect with QDT) and supply a MOVE for the menu, that's what I miss a
>lot in this extension. But as I have linked in ptrmen_cde for the WMOV
>reasons, I think I can make a window with Easy Pointer. But I have to try
>this software, as I have never used it.
>
>It may take a few days or weeks, but as I haven't done anything with S_Edit
>since a very looooong time, this time shouldn't matter 8^)) (I hope so).
>
>Just to clarify: The one and only reason, to make S_Edit a non-pointer
>driven job in those QL years was, that on a standard 640k QL, it was only
>possible to make it run together with the Professional Publisher without
>any
>pointer things.
>
>Cheers...Ralf R.

Yes, good luck with the extra programming.

Like you, I haven't made any of my own software use any of these
features, as mine are coded is SBASIC and compiled with Turbo.

Then, again, I just don't have the time for programming anymore ... :-(

I was making progress with programming in C using c68, and that has now
gone too ... :-(

I can only envy Dilwyn and others, who seem to be applying and
experimenting with all of the latest features.

Although it is all a part of the fun ... as a "consumer" ..... :-)

PS - If you are a Quanta member you may have now received an early
review that I wrote of the new version of Quill.  Which adds another
dimension to a QL "golden oldie".

--
Malcolm Cadman