In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
>Rather sad really, although I'm an emulator man myself as my main
>system is a PC with QPC2, but I still have and still use an Aurora SGC
>system and a QL+Gold Card. It would be really sad if this sort of
>viewpoint caused no more hardware developments and adversely affected
>sales or development of Q60 or future machines.
I think it is the reverse that is true. Lack of any hardware development
has caused an increase in emulator sales which, in turn creates a lack
of hardware sales and becomes recursion. No QL hardware can keep up with
the speed and performance of emulators like QPC2 and that makes people
move in that direction but it would be good to see a well supported
hardware platform too. In my opinion it has been over 6 years since this
has been the case.
> I'm sure that "future
>is emulators" will probably annoy quite a few QLers who prefer native
>hardware like Q60 or expanded black box QLs or the like.

But how many of these have dug into their pockets to buy hardware? Some
have and I know, mostly, who these are but many of the die hard hardware
people want a QL.

It is an issue which somewhat divides the community which is a shame
since we, otherwise, very strong.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB