In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
>The wiring Roy did assumes both drives are set to flp2_ (DS jumper set
>to 1 - if it exists).  I suspect you have drives that are hard set to
>DS1 - manufacturers now assume drives are for PCs!
>I suspect they are all hard set to DS1, otherwise Roy would not have
>done the cabling re-wire in the first place.
>
>Any comments Roy?  You clearly had more time with them than I managed!

It was at least a couple of years ago but I believe these were
jumperless drives so I assumed that they we standard - i.e. set to DS1.

Floppy drives are now so cheap it may just be a good idea to buy two
more drives and fit those to the cable. Any drive you buy new will be of
the PC standard so it should work
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB