----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Cadman" <>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Spare GC or SGC?

>In other words Quanta could give £5,000 of members' money to develop a card
>and see no return on that money whatsoever.

>Although, that is not a bad idea ... to invest in new hardware as a
risk.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen because the members don't want it.

Don't forget two years ago you had a choice of chairman. One candidate, me,
was a radical who wanted to take Quanta in a new direction; the other, the
present chairman, I would term a traditionalist.

The voting was 27 to 19 in favour of the traditionalist.

Sadly the Quanta members who subscribe to this list are not typical of the
majority of the membership. You may not like the conservatism of the present
committee, but they are probably more representative of the average member
than I am,

Best Wishes,

Geoff