-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ralf Reköndt
Sent: 21 July 2007 10:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Repeat message

From: "Tony Firshman"

Ah I might even *have* one of those somewhere.   Finding it is a
different matter.

They were very different in design. Didn't they also *look* different?
 The PC style one connecting with the DIN plug must have had an internal
pcb plugging into the 8049 socket, with the 8049 being put onto their
pcb.  Only guessing as I have not seen one, but the QL-type keyboard (as
the internal one was) requires many more connections.

When I was talking about faults, it was the internal one. I know nothing
about the external one.

Tony

As I have said: The PC-Style Schön keyboard had a little PCB fitted under
the 8049 (and the chip above). It worked vey relieable, without any
keybounces (compared to the standard Schön keyboard). The problem after a
few years was the non-working of some of the keys. As far as I know, the
keyboard were made by a Britisch company called "Keyboard productions", I
have to look for letters of Christopher Smith, the owner of "Schön
Keyboards" ("Schön" was the birthname of his mother, coming from germany,
hence the umlaut in the name).

The main problem with the PC-style keyboard was, that there were no "real"
switches as in earlier Cherry keyboards, instead it was a kind of carbon
(coal) on the switches, which is a bit difficult to clean, as it is very
thin and it is dangerous to wash it completely away using ethylalcolohol.

Cheers...Ralf R.