> By the way, you can do some things in Kickstart. When you switch the
> machine on or reset it with Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga hold down both mouse
> buttons. You will now be brought into a settings menu where you can find
> s small amount of info about the machine and change settings (for that
> boot only) for the processor cache, video chip mode (old mode, new mode)
> and video format (PAL or NTSC.. and as the clock is based upon the frame
> rate, the machine in NTSC mode will run 1/5th faster than in PAL mode).

Thanks for that.  Not sure when the next opportunity to tinker will be but
I'll look at those Kickstart options.

> Mauny Amiga 1200s had an internal hard disk, yours doesn't seem to. Oh
> well, this means that you'll be swapping floppies a great deal and I'm
> not sure that QDOS4Amiga will actually fit on one and be usable.

Hmmm. Might be more trouble that it's worth then.  I haven't looked inside
the case because the machine isn't mine, but if the connectors for the hard
disk are provided inside, what type of disk would work - I have a spare 6Gb
ATA one?

Ian.