> >Peter Graf has kindly replied already and sent me a
> >complete-ready-to-go zip file of emulator and Cygwin files. I cleared
> >out all the old version (winuqlx and cygwin) and Peter told me to just
> >unzip it into a directory and call the batch files, it should just
> >fire up.
> >
> >When I get time, I'll unzip Peter's files to my Wife's Win98SE laptop
> >and try it there, in case it's just the WinXP on this machine causing
> >problems.
> >
> >It'll be nice to get win-uqlx running, as I have experience now of the
> >other QL emulators for Windows, so I'll look forward to learning about
> >this one too.
>
> OK, I am sure that you will get it sorted with Peter's advice.
> Especially as he can compare to a working system.
>
> If you look at the batch file in a PC editor then you can see what it is
> trying to achieve.
>
> uqlx has to work through an X-Window, so that it what is set up first,
> then Q-Emulator is loaded on that.
>
> This is certainly no problem on WIN98, I haven't tried it with Windows
> XP.
No failed on my wife's Win98SE laptop too, that's a Pentium 2, about 100MHz
IIRC.

Exactly the same results as on my desktop PC, but on the laptop you can see 2
windows windows (if you see what I mean), but as they lock up I can't see what
if anything is on it. Certainly, the 12 second wait occurs with exactly the
same messages otherwise. So, no joy at all. I understandwhat the batch file
does (or tries to), so at the moment unless someone is able to help I'm
completely unable to get any further with it.