In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Hi,

Well done, Dilwyn.

A hero getting that far ...

There has been talk for some time about the possibility all of the different Operating Systems being able to be run on just the one machine.

I guess this is someway towards that.

Well there is the MESS emulator found at:
http://www.mess.org/
Its seems highly unstable at the moment, but it does aim to emulate all the hardware correctly.

Malcolm
Well, I've got so far with this - here's what I found so far, in case anyone else wants to try this ql emulator (well, ql is one of huge number of systems it emulates - over 250 in all!).

MESS stands for Multiple Emulator Super System, which is based in turn on MAME, Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, and uses the same software engine, but is for home computers and video game consoles rather than arcade game systems.

--
Malcolm Cadman