In message <b10445d8807f407c95cb6b6b8f2b1...@donna>, Dilwyn Jones <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk> writes

I did get an earlier version running once, of uQLx-Win32, on a WIN98 machine, with the help of Phoebus at that time.

I think this is the point - without help it can't be got running if you don't know about Cygwin environment.

As only 6 files are needed, surely it would make more sense to just provide these? Probably not strictly legal packaging up 6 files from the package I guess but what fool is going to download hundreds of megabytes just to get 6 files to get a single emulator running?

Indeed, you just need a tailor made version ...

--
Malcolm Cadman