John Gilpin schreef:
<SNIP>
Don't go away guys, this is just the beginning of my program review (taking my old BASIC code from my Aurora/SGC set-up and running it on QPC2), I am certain to need your help again later.

And just to prove this point, can anyone guide me on the following:

I understand that there is no need to compile BASIC programs when using QPC2 (SMSQ) - the SBASIC code can be EXEC'd without TURBO or QLIBERATOR.

Do I take this to mean that I just "Ex win1_program_bas" ? And if it's as easy as that, what are the benefits and drawbacks of doing this?

Of course you can EW or EW a sbasic program instead of using LRUN but it is not always adviseable as consequences are not the same.
Example:
ram1_trythis_bas contains the 2 following lines

10 a_variable=10
20 open#3,con_

After EX ram1_trythis_bas
if you type (command line)
print a_variable 0 will be returned
if you type (command line)
close#3 Invalid Channel ID will be returned

After LRUN ram1_trythis_bas
print a_variable will return 10
close#3 will close#3

So if you want to preserve the 'environment' LRUN should be used.
Hope this helps
Regards,
François Van Emelen
P.S. My English is not as good as it should be

In the meantime, thanks a million for your suggestions.

Regards to all,

John Gilpin.