Dilwyn Jones wrote:

I've run into an unusual program with my WIN1_ (a QXL.WIN) which I have been unable to resolve.

DIR WIN1_ gives 84847/1048560 sectors, it's a 512MB QXL.WIN, with 11,716 files on it.

Despite reporting 84847 sectors free it says Drive Full. Deleting one file will let me save one file normally, then it runs into Drive Full next time I try to save anything. So it's not as if it's write protected, for example.

Anyone any idea what's happening? Could I have run into the maximum number of files a QXL.WIN file might hold, for example (directory full)?

Ive got a disc 63943/655358, with 13,023 files and 859 directories. Perhaps you have a lot of files in a single directory?

It was running on a pen drive, so I tried copying it to C: drive and using it from there with QPC's win1_ pointing to C:\QXL.WIN. Same result.

Next step will be create a new blank QXL.WIN and copy everything there to see if that gives the same result (i.e. checking for fragmented qxl.win?)

Thats what Id try. Even if you copied all your files into the root directory they should all fit!

I just tried:

for i = 1 to 999999: save 'win5_t'&i: at 0,0:print i,

on a blank qxl.win file. Its still going strong at 16000 files plus!
I'll let you know the final answer unless Marcel gets there first ;o)

Per

Help!