Am 09.12.2010 15:50, schrieb Rich Mellor:
On 09/12/2010 14:44, Lee Privett wrote:
Ed (Toolkit II) is a great editor but in coming back to the QL I would have thought someone would have come up with a couple of useful tweaks by now.

Such as the ability to copy and paste within the editing window and using the mouse to put the cursor just where I want it, instead of several arrow direction taps to get there.

Any ideas?

Lee Privett

I guess no one enhanced Ed any further, as people moved onto using tools such as Digital Precision's The Editor, or the even better QD editor from Jochen Merz if they wanted to be able to do this sort of thing.

Yep, that's just about right. I find myself rarely using ed nowadays, even for plain SBASIC programming. QD2 with its feature to remove and add line numbers on the fly makes editing (and properly formatting) programs much easier.
I use ED only for small corrections/amendments when actually compiling.

Tobias