To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Question from a re-newbie

In message <4d0103db.4040...@rwapservices.co.uk>, Rich Mellor
<r...@rwapservices.co.uk> writes

On 09/12/2010 15:31, Tobias Fröschle wrote:
Am 09.12.2010 15:50, schrieb Rich Mellor:
On 09/12/2010 14:44, Lee Privett wrote:
Ed (Toolkit II) is a great editor but in coming back to the QL I would have thought someone would have come up with a couple of useful tweaks by now.

Such as the ability to copy and paste within the editing window and using the mouse to put the cursor just where I want it, instead of several arrow direction taps to get there.

Any ideas?

Lee Privett

I guess no one enhanced Ed any further, as people moved onto using tools such as Digital Precision's The Editor, or the even better QD editor from Jochen Merz if they wanted to be able to do this sort of thing.

Yep, that's just about right. I find myself rarely using ed nowadays, even for plain SBASIC programming. QD2 with its feature to remove and add line numbers on the fly makes editing (and properly formatting) programs much easier.
I use ED only for small corrections/amendments when actually compiling.

Tobias

I suppose the other thing to mention are the tools which were developed to make writing SuperBASIC much easier even with just the basic ED command:

- QREF by Liberation Software which allows you to find all references to a given command / string / function / procedure - MasterBASIC by Ergon Development which analysed the program much more than QREF - you could even search for tokens! and much more

Hi Rich,

MasterBASIC is good, which I re-discover when I remember to use it.

It would be nice to have an updated version of this at some time, too.

--
Malcolm Cadman