On 04/01/11 14:06, Rich Mellor wrote:

<SNIP>
> - The QL can use the HxC floppy disk emulator to connect to disk image
> files on a compact flash, which can also be accessed from within
> Q-emuLator - any others?

Well, a long time ago, I was attempting to create a Linux file system to
read a QL Floppy disc "natively". Unfortunately, as with many hobby
projects, life and time intervened to put it on the back burner.

Since then, there is the "fuser" system which may be a better, and less
traumatic bet for foreign file systems like this, so one day, I may get
back into it.

Then we'll be able to share data between QPC running on Windows (where
it accesses the floppies directly I believe) and on Linux - where it
fails miserably to access floppies. (No fault of QPC implied or intended!)

Floppy access is not a necessity for me these days as I no longer have a
desktop or laptop that has one!

If you are interested in the rambling about the above, see
http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/doku.php?id=linux:fs:start for gory
details. (Incomplete I'm afraid - see above.)

Cheers,
Norman.

--
Norman Dunbar