Peter Graf wrote:
> what would be your favorite style for an SD/MMC card
> "harddisk" for the QL?
Any would be better than none.

> I can _not_ promise to really make a piece of hardware
> available, but it would be nice to know, just in case...
Last year I was thinking of such a device. This was my basic outline:
The QCF card for the QL ROM port as discussed at the Austrian QL meeting in
June 2010. Think of it as a tiny card (similar to ROMdisq) which hosts a
very basic LINUX based computer (the host, the heavy part of the
firmware/driver), takes a standard FAT(32) formatted CF (or maybe SD/MMC)
card and have direct r/w access to the FAT filesystem (DOS1_ to DOS8_
similar to QPC2) plus full QXL.WIN (named QXL1_ to QXL8_ to prevent clashes
for users with real harddisks attached to the QL) support. To enable and
manage r/w on the ROM port is not easy but was already implemented by the
MIRACLE QL harddisk and TFS ROMdisq.

Therefore B) is my favourite.

Think of all the collectors who could then use their QL's to demo software
w/o needing to open/modify the good old black box.

Peter, I'm open to help writing down the software requirements, maybe even
help funding the project.

Go on!

Cheers, Urs