Tony Firshman wrote:

> Speaking from pretty little low level knowledge, how about abandoning
> the microdrives completely (I thought you were)

So far, I could have used just one SD card interface, keeping one
microdrive.

Abandoning the microdrives completely  is an option I could think about.
But the task of creating SD card signals is still not trivial. I don't
know exactly how the ZX8302 behaves internally, and which timings are
acceptable.

For example, the OS even inserts delays when just bit-banging the drive
select daisy chain, and I have no idea why this is required. Line lengths?
Noise? ZX8302 internal requirements? ... Using the ZX8302 for a completely
different purpose might require a lot of time for investigation and
experimentation.

> and making your interface emulate microdrives?

Hehe, nice idea. Unfortunately it would be a pain in terms of speed, also
size would be limited by the MDV drivers I guess :)

Peter