Malcolm Lear wrote:

> I was looking at the QL schematics a few weeks back and noticed the
> Microdrives use a serial bus. I guess this is bit banged by the software
> to transfer data. Could this be connected to the SD SPI serial interface
> using level shifters (5V - 3.3V)?

As always, things are not that easy :-)

I'd have to leave at least 3 of 6 lines in their original use (drive
selection) so other microdrives don't get totally confused.

The other three lines are just one output and two data lines (both seem to
change their direction at the same time, according to that output). And I
don't know wether the data lines can be bit-banged at all.

Even if I construct something useful from those 3 lines - which would of
course involve more that just level-shifting - there is still risk to
confuse the microdrive portion of the OS.

Peter