All,

It is with regret that I have to announce that I am withdrawing support for
Ser-USB on QL hardware without superHermes (or better) enhanced serial
ports.

As of today the Queue Manager installable module, whose primary purpose was
to support the base QL configuration, is also withdrawn.  A final version
had been developed which incoporated a completely new method of IOSS retry
integration that seemed to be working extremely well.  Much better, in fact,
than any previous version - but once again the design of QDOS and the
inherent unreliability of the standard serial ports prevented it from being
useable.  I have therefore decided that enough is - very definitely -
enough!

It has been a long and very costly process attempting to develop this
driver, and with next to no interest in the device as a commercial
proposition I can no longer devote resources to any further work.  I will
make the final Release Candidate (#3) available to beta testers later today.

My plan is to make the public release of the (enhanced serial hardware only)
driver available on the 1st of May, at which time the source code of the
core driver will also be released into the public domain.

Many thanks for your interest and assistance,

Adrian Ives

Memory Lane Computing Ltd

10 Hillcrest

Shortlanesend

Truro

Cornwall

TR4 9DS

United Kingdom

Registered in England & Wales, No: 7074678