Tony,

1) Yes - or with a File Manager written by anyone else. The USBWiz command
set isn't rocket science. You are limited to FAT format with old style 8.3
DOS shortnames (no native QDOS file system) but it's still a very useful
capability.

2) Yes, input; but the USBWiz can't do split baud rates and it isn't easy to
do split rates on a standard QL without additional hardware and/or software.
The input limitation is two stops at 9600. The USBWiz only sends one so it
doesn't work. Therefore  4800 is the top speed.

3) If anyone wants to "sort the issue" ... over to them.  I have always said
that I will put the driver in the public domain and anyone is welcome to
pick up the gauntlet.

Of course the trouble with gauntlets is that they don't stretch very well,
so they can end up being a rather tight fit. ;)

The source code is well commented but, as I say, I firmly believe that a
proper long term solution (if there is one) lies in starting from the ground
up with the serial driver to achieve a much better level of integration.
The slave block system should be totally ignored. Instead, the driver should
implement its own cacheing algorithms which it, and not QDOS, would be in
control of.

Adrian