On 09/12/2011 10:02, Bryan Horstmann wrote:
On 09/12/2011 08:48, Norman Dunbar wrote:
Morning all,

I tried yesterday with the 2012.doc version - it simply refused to load into Libre Office 3 - "General input output error" - which, I have to say, is not the most helpful error message in the world!

Last years 2011.docx loaded fine.

Dilwyn, could you upload the 2012.docx version please and I'll give it a try - there isn't one on the web-site (that I can see - and I looked!) at the moemnt. Thanks.

I'm thinking that maybe Office can't do docx->doc transformations very well! ;-)

Cheers,
Norm.

I've tried deleting the picture placeholders, Dilwyn, but it is no help. Incidentally I found that OO had downloaded version 3.3 but hadn't installed it, so I did so. It now won't load the 2011 .docx properly. My son-in-law works for Oracle so if I wish to comment on anything it needs to relate to the current version, in this case why it doesn't work so well.

Bryan H

I've now got the 2011 .docx reasonable in OO; it was the Month and picture widths which had gone wrong and needed both widening and positioning, it would be a bit of a pain to go through getting them all right. There were also a load of spurious pages at the end with odd pictures on them!! I haven't tried anything on the 2012.doc, as it isn't clear what has happened.

Bryan H