I have assiduously avoided getting into Linux knowing I have not enough gray cells left to cope with another OS.

But I am lumbered with a problem HDD, a SATA 320GB with damaged TIVO files to be recovered. Ex a Sagecom setop box.

The suspision is they are written in Linux speak.

I can connect the HDD thru' USB dongle
It is not seen by Explorer
But Device mngr sees it as USB mass storage.

I have downloaded "Damn small Linux" and got it running but have no idea how to link the drive in or to transfer between systems.

Dsl's forum non responsive.

I have noticed many ref's to Linux, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with a real user, I would phone at an agreed convenient time.

Appologies, but hoping.