I had similar thoughts about checking for the last name that SMSQ adds,
but it's not a solution that I'm happy with as it adds a lot of
(probably version specific) complexity, and I'm not even sure that it
would give the right result anyway.

I think the best answer is to check the OS version and simply report
"Not Implemented" if an attempt is made to use the command to list
"non-core" resident procedures under SMSQ, so that's the way I will go.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Adrian
www.memorylanecomputing.com