An old QLer mentioned to me a Raspberry competitor: Maximite.
Not as powerful as the RPi but with a build in Basic and I/O ports, it can be bought as kit or ready built.
Check out the authors website: http://geoffg.net/maximite.html

Bob
Interesting that they allow you to download the BASIC manuals. Looks like the BASIC is based on the old Microsoft-type BASICs of the 1980s.

They say they plan to release the core of the BASIC so it can be ported to other platforms.

Wouldn't it be nice if the core of SuperBASIC and SBASIC could be released to port them too. OK, I know we've -been there before in discussing that! But I can still dream...