On 16/10/12 22:08, Malcolm Cadman wrote:

If it is 256MB, then you have the 'Model A'.
Now that would be difficult as there is no Model A on sale yet. ;-)
It's definitely a Model B - it has USB (2) and Ethernet. Neither of which, the A has.

Also, as the SD Card is the OS source at present, then we can experiment
with different flavours of OS on different Cards.
Indeed. I recently purchased a couple of 8GB SD cards at Costco for £4 each. (Inc VAT.)

Then we will be adding larger storage USB Hard drives, etc, and I guess
we will have multiple boot options.
Mine is running with an 8 Gb Sd card, a 60 Gb USB drive, another 500 Gb USB drive partitioned as a 350 Gb Ext 3 and a 150 Gb FAT32 partition plus a USB Floppy. ;-)

Talking of floppies, I noticed a lot of my old QL floppies (DD, HD, different manufacturers) are now "stuck" or extremely stiff. Does anyone have a working (and data safe) method of freeing up the internals to make the discs readable again? (Not the drives, the floppies themselves).

What's the point of having two boxes of backups if the damned things don't turn in the drive. Sigh!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar