On 17/10/12 14:27, John Alexander wrote:

Chances are you no longer have backups as the data as probably fell
off(Demagnetised) well before they even ceased up!

This is true, however, a number of the floppies in the drive (some older, some newer than some of the affected ones) still work and still have the data. At least, I can read them.

I also checked the bottom of the boxes, and I can't see any data that has fallen off. of course, it could have fallen inside the floppy case itself, in which case it wouldn't be on the bottom of the boxes.

I also shook one of the affcted ones to see if it rattled with bits of loose data, no sound at all.

:-) :-) :-)

Cheers,
Norm.

--