On 23 Jan 2013, at 16:39, SMSQE wrote:

> Yes, I tried all (I think) these combinations when I first got my PC...the
> |\ key gives nothing at all evebn with SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, etc. ALT/3 gives 3,
> etc. I can get at some characters using clavier, but I have to use parts of
> the keyboard that work normally under QPC for them to work with the clavier
> mappings. Quite a few keys just don't work properly...strange. But, as I
> say, they do under SMSQmulator so I can probably start SBASIC coding again!
>
> Jon

When I take QPC2 abroad (USA or Germany for example) I have found trouble with
keyboards. One trouble was with the |\ symbols. What I did was to use the ?/
symbols on the foreign keyboard to produce the ones I wanted. This was done by
putting in the BOOT the instructions

Altkey '/',CHR$(92) to get \ and

Altkey '?',CHR$(124) to get |

George