On 28/01/2013 12:00, Norman Dunbar wrote:
On 28/01/13 11:14, Bryan Horstmann wrote:

Useful tip, Bill.  I extracted to a new folder on my personal set,
instead of in Program Fles, and it works!!  No inkling of why; leave
that puzzle to the experts!  Extracted the same way Genj also runs.

I wonder if it is because there's a space in at least one of the folders
in the full path name? I know some programs don't like spaces (or other
"weird" characters) in the path. They get confused at the first one.

Linux, on the other hand, copes!

On 64 bit Windows, all 32 bit applications are installed into "program
files (x86)" or similar, and quite a lot of them barf at the space, and
the '(' or ')' - so Microsoft give you a folder by default that many
programs cannot actually  use. Go figure.

Cheers,
Norm.

 Yes my Win file only works if it's in "My Files"

You mention Linux Norman, do you know what the connection is if any between Linux and Android, My Tablet display some words "booting Linux" or similar when a cold boot is actioned

All the best - Bill