On 31/01/13 14:47, Norman Dunbar wrote:
I also note that the source code is
available - so it should/could/might be possible to compile it to run
natively under Linux or Mac, if it will work under wxWidgets or Qt. (And
no, I don't have time, thanks!)

Couldn't resist it could I? I had a look and it seems that one of the professor's students started a port to wxWidgets back in 2009/2010. The port was never finished, but the source code is available.

I've downloaded it, it requires an IDE named Code::Blocks to load the project file (Code::Blocks is available for Linux and Windows by the way).

I've opened the project but as the student did all his work on Windows rather than being a true cross platform application, it's still very much tied to Windows. Which is a shame and rather ruins the cross platform bit if you ask me.

Still, it could be done.......

Cheers,
Norm.

--